- March 3 -- Augustana College -- Rock Island, Ill.
- March 10 -- Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, Colo.
- March 10 -- State University of New York -- Cobleskill, N. Y.
- March 15 -- Arizona State University -- Mesa, Ariz.
- March 18 -- Portland State University -- Portland, Ore.
- March 22 -- 4-H Center -- Columbiana, Ala.
Monday, February 28, 2011
USDA sets hearings on conservation policies
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public input on natural-resource conservation policy issues six regional meetings around the country, starting this Thursday. The goal of the meetings, which are administered by USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service, is "is to improve delivery of conservation services to landowners and communities, and expand participation in conservation programs," reports the Farm Foundation, which is collaborating with NRCS and the American Farmland Trust to complete the project. Here is the schedule: