The webinar will be hosted by Harvard University's Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, and is part of a series aimed at exploring the difference in how people experience economic opportunity and how the economy is portrayed and understood by the media, government, and elite institutions using yardsticks (such as gross domestic product, the stock market, and unemployment rates) that don't always reflect economic reality for Americans.
The panelists will be:
- Connor Sheets, investigative reporter for the Alabama Media Group
- Phillip Martin, senior investigative reporter for the WGBH News Center for Investigative Reporting in Boston
- Dr. Gordon Hanson, Peter Wertheim Professor in Urban Policy at Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Setti Warren, executive director of the Shorenstein Center and former mayor of Newton, Mass.
- Tara Westover, author of Educated and a senior fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School